Current Semaglutide Specials/Add-Ons
1. 30ml Lipo Injections w/carnitine, Only $125 (regular price $200)
What is L-Carnitine?
L-Carnitine is a substance produced by the liver and kidneys which convert body fat into energy. Studies show that carnitine reduces body fat, increases muscle mass, improves stamina and strength, and lessens fatigue, which may all contribute to weight loss. Its muscle-building properties make it a favorite among weightlifters and bodybuilding professionals. Carnitine has also been used to boost energy during times of caloric deficit which can help to eliminate fatigue and irritability while dieting.
Time and time again, clinical research has proven this amino acid’s remarkable ability to spur weight loss:
“Results from meta-analysis of eligible trials revealed that subjects who received carnitine lost significantly more weight (MD: -1.33 kg; 95% CI: -2.09 to -0.57) and showed a decrease in body mass index (MD: -0.47 kg m(-2) ; 95% CI: -0.88 to -0.05) compared with the control group.”
How Does L-Carnitine Boost Fat Metabolism?
“Fat metabolism” is the technical term for “fat burning” – the process by which your body takes stored fat and turns it into energy. As explained in this helpful explainer video, l-carnitine owes its main fat-burning health benefits to two unique functions:
- Shuttling stored fat into the cell mitochondria (the “cell batteries”) to be transformed into energy: “the mitochondrial ‘shuttle-system’ allows the transport of fatty acids, as acylcarnitines, from the cytosol into the mitochondrial matrix where these nutrients are oxidized for ATP production“…
- Encouraging the muscles to use fat for energy during exercise rather than glucose (blood sugar) by priming the cells to run on fat*. From a landmark 2011 double-blind study published in the Journal of Physiology: “[Carnitine supplementation] results in muscle glycogen sparing during low intensity exercise (consistent with an increase in lipid utilisation)… Furthermore, these changes were associated with an improvement in exercise performance.”
*This second mechanism is why L-carnitine supplementation is particularly effective at fueling weight loss when paired with a low-carb diet such as keto.
L-carnitine health bonus: In addition to boosting fat burning, L-carnitine also expedites the removal of waste created during the intracellular fat metabolism process (acting as an antioxidant) for optimized cellular function, which delivers enormous health upsides, including:
- supporting health gut bacteria
- preventing the development of cancer
- anti-inflammatory effects
- promoting neurotransmitter synthesis (essential for optimal brain health and preventing age-related cognitive decline)
- eliminating potentially harmful xenobiotics (foreign bacteria)
The bottom line is that we use L-carnitine at HCG Near Me because it works — not just for weight loss, but for overall health and fitness. For further evidence of l-carnitine’s effectiveness for weight loss, please see: